Here at 32 Flags, we’re proud to provide weekly updates of the National Women’s Soccer League as well as a Standings and Schedule page. FIFA Women’s World Cup stars are all back to their regular club sides…get out there and support women’s club soccer!
This week saw a hat trick from Washington’s star striker Crystal Dunn, a dramatic Carli Lloyd goal, and a brace from USWNT star Christen Press.
- Fox Sports GO will air another game this Wednesday, this time it’s Houston-Kansas City. Watch it.
- Fox Sports 1 will air its first NWSL game this Friday. Definitely watch it.
- Carli Lloyd (Houston Dash) was voted the National Women’s Soccer League Player of the Month by the media for July. Deserved.
- Christen Press (Chicago Red Stars) keeps rolling with the goals, having tallied 8 in 6 games thus far, including 4 since her return from the World Cup.
- Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign) took a flight with the Blue Angels this week. Because why not. Video link.
July 29 – August 2 Results
Portland Thorns def. Western New York Flash, 2-0 — Video Link
- Portland Goals: Christine Sinclair (33′), Allie Long (80′); WNY Goals: None
- A much needed win for Portland who ended their recent Alex Morgan-less slide.
Houston Dash def. FC Kansas City, 3-2 — Video Link
- Houston Goals: Ellie Brush (12′), Jessica McDonald (17′), Carli Lloyd (87′); Kansas City Goals: Lauren Holliday (3′), Sarah Hagan (85′)
- She scores when she wants, she scores when she wants, Carli Lloyd, she scores when she wants.
Seattle Reign def. Boston Breakers, 2-1 — Video Link
- Seattle Goals: Beverly Yanez (24′), Kim Little (58′); Boston Goals: Kristie Mewis (34′)
- Kim Little is probably the best player that you did not see at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup (as her native Scotland did not qualify). Little has average about a goal per game throughout her career in Scotland, England, and now Seattle. Check out a Seattle game sometime; she is a tenacious goal scorer.
Washington Spirit def. Houston Dash, 3-1 — Video Link
- Washington Goals: Crystal Dunn (28′, 36′, 45+’), ; Houston Goals: Jessica McDonald (74′)
- Carli Lloyd was the most well known player on the field for this game, but it was the Crystal Dunn show. She extends her league-leading tally to 12 goals in 14 games played. Just 23, Dunn will likely–and should likely–see time with the USWNT sooner rather than later. With her NWSL performance, she should be at the 2016 Olympics.
Western New York Flash def. Sky Blue FC, 2-1 — Video Link
- WNY Goals: Lady Andrade (34′), Elizabeth Eddy (90′); Sky Blue Goals: Kelley O’Hara (52′)
Chicago Red Stars draw FC Kansas City, 2-2 — Video Link
- Chicago Goals: Christen Press (12′, 74′), ; KC Goals: Amy LePeilbet (35′), Sarah Hagen (87′)
This Week’s Fixtures
Wednesday, August 5:
- Boston Breakers @ Portland Thorns, 10 EST — FOX SPORTS GO
Friday, August 7:
- Sky Blue FC @ Houston Dash, 8:30 EST — FOX SPORTS GO
Saturday, August 8:
- Washington Spirit @ Boston Breakers, 7 pm EST
- Western New York Flash @ FC Kansas City, 8 pm EST
Sunday, August 9:
- Chicago Red Stars @ Portland Thorns, 9:30 EST — FOX SPORTS 1
[table id=NWSL /]