UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor spoke to TMZ this week ahead of his Dec. 12 bout with Jose Aldo at UFC 194, and said not only is he confident against Aldo (“I don’t think he’ll make it to the second round”), he’d be confident going into the octagon against Jesus Christ.
“I tell you what, there’s not a man alive that can beat me. But Jesus ain’t alive so I don’t fucking know. Maybe he can come back from the dead, I don’t know. I’d still whoop his ass.”
What’s McGregor doing, trying to be the next John Lennon? Here’s video of TMZ asking him about Aldo, and Jesus:
TMZ’s intrepid journalist only asked McGregor about Jesus, though, and apart from one incident of clearing moneylenders out of the temple, Jesus wasn’t primarily known for his fighting skills. Here are 10 people and things McGregor might have a tougher time with.
9. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace, Battlestar Galactica: Packs a mean punch.
8. Battle tank, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Only beatable if you’re Marvin.
7. Worf, Star Trek: The Next Generation/Deep Space Nine: Don’t mess with a man who drinks prune juice.
6. Commander Shepard, Mass Effect: Watch out for the windows, Conor!
5. Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy. He’d have a substantial reach advantage, and could really wrap McGregor up. (Ed. note: I’d take Gamora or Drax over McGregor any day and Rocket twice on Sunday.)
4. Darth Vader, Star Wars: All the grappling in the world doesn’t help much if you get Force Choked from across the room.
3. Godzilla: McGregor could be a rather tasty meal.
2. Galactus, Marvel Comics: Good luck against a guy who can eat your planet.
1. Dread Cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft: When the stars are right, there’s no way McGregor’s winning this one.
Beating Jesus is one thing, but to beat some of these others? That’s going to take more than the terrible Game of War armies McGregor keeps shilling for…