In case you missed any of the action Monday night, I’m here to give you some of the more important information about both games on tap last night, both in the Eastern Conference,
Game Two: (1) Chicago Bulls vs. (8) Indiana Pacers, United Center
- Final score: Bulls 96, Pacers 90.
- Chicago rallies from 10-point deficit in fourth quarter.
- Bulls’ Derrick Rose: 36 points, eight rebounds, six assists.
- Pacers’ Danny Granger: 19 points three steals.
- Key stats: Chicago outrebounded Indiana 57 to 33 and Derrick Rose scored eight points in final four minutes to secure the win.
- “Our play has to get better. We have to be more smooth, more efficient especially at the defensive end,” Bulls guard Derrick Rose said. “We have to try a lot harder.”
- “We have 15 guys on our roster who can flat out play,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. “If somebody goes down, we don’t usually skip a beat.”
- Bulls lead series 2-0. Next game is on Thursday at 7:00 pm EST in Indianapolis.
Game Two: (2) Miami Heat vs. (7) Philadelphia 76ers, AmericanAirlines Arena
- Final score: Heat 94, 76ers 73.
- Philadelphia shot only 20 percent from the field in the first quarter.
- Heat’s LeBron James: 29 points, seven rebounds, six assists.
- 76ers’ Thaddeus Young: 18 points, six rebounds.
- Key stats: Philadelphia was within eight in the second quarter before Miami went on a 21-11 run to end the first half.
- “It was a really complete game for us at both ends of the floor,” James said.
- “When they come out tonight and defend the way they did,” 76ers coach Doug Collins said, “It’s going to be very difficult for us to beat them.”
- Heat leads series 2-0. Next game is Thursday at 8 p.m. in Philadelphia.