There are many stories swirling around the NBA right now, even though we’re in the middle of the season, which is when usually the stories tend to wind down. From suspensions to trade rumors, here are the following are your updated NBA stories from around the league as of Monday the fifth:
- Rajon Rondo has been suspended by the Chicago Bulls for one game for “conduct detrimental to the team.” Rondo was also recently in a feud with a Bulls assistant coach, which hasn’t gone unnoticed by Bulls head coach Fred Hoidberg.
- Sacramento Kings forward Matt Barnes is being questioned by the New York City Police Department after an ‘incident” at a nightclub. It was reported that Barnes choked a woman, then assaulted two people who tried to stop him. Kings’ center DeMarcus Cousins was accompanying Barnes at the nightclub, and was there when the incident occurred. Go figure.
- The Boston Celtics still aren’t content with their front court. They want a defensive big man who can help in the rebounding department. Andrew Bogut’s name has been linked to many rumors surrounding himself and the Boston Celtics organization.
- The Memphis Grizzlies have been searching for someone to eat minutes at point guard since Mike Conley will be out for approximately two months. The Grizzlies have found their temporary replacement, as they signed point guard Toney Douglas.
- Finally, some good news for the Brooklyn Nets. Their 2016 first round pick, Chris LeVert, has finally been cleared to play. LeVert has been out since he broke his foot during his senior season at Michigan.
- The Detroit Pistons will be without role player Reggie Bullock for 4-6 weeks due to a meniscus injury. Bullock had surgery to repair his meniscus on Saturday.
- Big rumors surrounding the Indiana Pacers, as it has been reported that they’re open to shopping guard Monta Ellis. Ellis is a top tier guard in the NBA, and would surely bring back a strong return to a struggling Pacers team. I would not be surprised if the Pacers pull the trigger and ship Monta off somewhere for the right price.
- The Philadelphia 76ers won’t be firing Brett Brown in the near future. The Sixers “process” is almost complete, but the wins still aren’t coming in. The Sixers currently sit at 4-16, but remember, they’re without Ben Simmons.
- There’s a rumored three team trade in the works between the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Sacramento Kings. It was reported that Rubio may have asked the Timberwolves for a trade. The speculated deal would send Rudy Gay to the Lakers, Ricky Rubio to the Sacramento Kings, and Luol Deng to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Those are all the recent updates from around the NBA as of Monday, the twelfth of December. We will keep updating you throughout the season.