Sports fans in the US have a lot of options to choose from whenever they want to engage in a sports-related activity: you have tennis, hockey, baseball, football, and many other sports. However, there is one sport that didn’t catch on in the US of A: soccer.
This situation is quite interesting since Americans love all sorts of sports, so why do they neglect one of the most popular sports in the world? For some reason, soccer didn’t catch around the US, but there is another place that fills up the same spot in the hearts of all the sports fans in that continent – football.
So why is that? Why do Americans prefer football over soccer? Find out the answers to these questions now, and maybe you will fall in love with the sport as well.
There are many possible explanations as to why people in the US are so enamored with football, but to make things easier on you – we comprised this list of the top five reasons that explain why people love football.
- The Outcome is More Surprising – When it comes to Soccer, there are a few leading clubs around the globe that have substantial budgets, which ultimately leads to them having the best players money can buy. When you think about it, there are only numerous soccer teams everyone knows of – Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, PSG, and a few others, and more often than not – those clubs win all the tournaments and championships mainly because they have the resources to do so. However, this kind of situation does not exist in American football. Each team has the same chances of winning based on the players’ skills, which makes things much more interesting for you to watch.
- Fantasy Leagues – One of the best things about football is that the fun doesn’t end when the players step off the field. You can build your dream team and keep your interest in the game alive even when there is no actual game for you to watch.
- Instant Gratification – Unlike soccer, when you watch football, you can rest assured that a lot will happen in the span of 60 minutes. There is always intrigue involved, the teams score a lot of points during the game, and there is no way of telling who will come out of the match a winner. In soccer, on the other hand, the teams rarely manage to score a goal, and sometimes you can wait for more than 90 minutes without seeing any real action except a lot of running around, which can be a bit frustrating.
- The Fans – Although there are no actual statistics regarding the fan base of both sports, it seems as if soccer fans are by far more fickle than football fans. More often than not, football fans are loyal even when their team isn’t on a winning streak, and many people want to be a part of this supportive community as much as they can.
- Originality – Last but not least, being a fan of football gives you a certain edge in comparison to soccer fans. There are millions of people who love soccer all around the globe, but the football fan-club is not as big, which can make you feel like you are a part of something exclusive. And who doesn’t like to go against the flow from time to time?
Football is an exciting sport that people in the US choose over other ball games, and after mentioning a few of the reasons for that – there is no denying the appeal this sport has.
However, if the mentioned reasons are not enough to convince you to find out more about football, here is another reason for you: sports gambling.
There is no denying that watching football matches unfold is exciting all by itself, but you can always raise the stakes even further by trying to guess which team will win and which one will lose. And if you like the unpredictability of gambling, you can kick things up a notch by gambling even when it’s not associated with sports.
There are various mobile casinos available to you on any mobile device, so if you like challenges and you want to have lots of fun – combining football and gambling is the best way to go.