With the 2017-18 NBA season starting on Tuesday site, fans and writers across the world are sharing their predictions of who will win the NBA title, who will make the playoffs, and which players will win a variety of awards this season.

Over at ESPN, there isn’t any disagreement as to who will win the NBA title – it’s the Warriors, and they’re a unanimous pick.

Well, that went well. On the bright side, three writers *didn’t* pick the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference. So there’s that, I guess.

NBA.com also has the results of the yearly GM survey, and unsurprisingly, the Warriors were a resounding favorite there as well. 28 of the league’s 30 GMs have the Warriors winning the title, while just two picked the Cavaliers.

Whew. Hell of a limb you’re climbing out onto, guys!

However, one NBA GM is apparently in love with bold takes, because he thinks the Spurs, not the Warriors, will win the West.

Vegas agrees with both ESPN’s writers and the NBA’s GM – as of Tuesday afternoon, Bovada has the Warriors at -160 to win the title and -275 to win the West. For the record, they’re also listed at -100,000 to win the Pacific Division, which is a number I don’t think I’ve ever seen looking at futures odds.

[ESPN, NBA.com]

About Joe Lucia

I'm the managing editor of Awful Announcing and the news editor of The Comeback. I also made The Outside Corner a thing for six seasons.

  • Karl Styles

    You don’t think the “bold take” GM was simply Bob Myers who was prevented for voting from his own team? 97% of GMs voted the Warriors 1st, and the other 3% (one GM) didn’t vote for them at 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

  • Adam Domo

    what a great league?