Kristin Cavallari released a new book, and there are plenty of hilarious stories about her relationship with her husband, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.
The former Laguna Beach star’s new book, Balancing in Heels: My Journey to Health, Happiness, and Making it all Work, borders on too much information but seems highly entertaining. Here are the best points the Chicago Tribune uncovered from the book.
- Cavallari said Cutler playing in the Windy City meant she couldn’t relocate to a “better place” for her career and that she has to take vitamin D because “Chicago isn’t exactly sunny Southern California.”
- The relationship started when Cutler contacted her publicist to try to fly her to Chicago for a date, which turned her off because another Chicago athlete did the same thing before and she “was a little weirded out by all these Chicago sports guys wanting to date me.” It turns out Cutler’s teammate made the request.
- Cavallari had to Google Cutler because she wasn’t sure who he was.
- Cavallari ended up going to a Bears game with her family so they could meet Cutler and she could impress her cousin.
- Cutler told her he loved her after weeks into the relationship and wanted to marry her after two months. The two broke up because Cavallari wanted to send a message. Cutler envisioned her as a housewife.
- They conceived their child in an “in-the-moment” decision.
- Their wedding was almost called off as Cavallari was bitten on the eye by the couple’s dog on the day of the wedding.
- Cavallari said in the book she loves Cutler, but words aren’t his strong suit.
- The two work on their relationship by playing 20 questions, having baths and sending sexy pictures.
If you ever wondered how a reality star and an NFL quarterback got and stayed together, there’s your answer. Cavallari and Cutler seem like a perfect match.