Three weeks remain in the 2017 NFL regular season! As we take our weekly look at the league’s top 10 rookies, does any first-year star have a chance at breaking up the trio of New Orleans Saints atop our rankings?
One player who’s come on strong in recent weeks might have a shot. Here is how we rank the 2017 rookie standouts after Week 14’s results.
1. New Orleans Saints CB Marshon Lattimore: Bounced back from injury to put together a solid performance that featured an interception against the Atlanta Falcons. He’s probably still leading the defensive rookie of the year race.
2. Saints RB Alvin Kamara: Can’t hold that concussion against him, and Kamara was still killing it early (27 yards on four touches) before going down on the first drive of the game.
3. Saints OT Ryan Ramczyk: The first-rounder out of Wisconsin is getting better and better each week and will probably wind up in the Pro Bowl.
4. Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp: In his last six games, Kupp has caught nearly 77 percent of the passes thrown his way for 467 yards. The third-round pick out of Eastern Washington leads all rookie receivers in catches and yardage, and has a chance at a 1000-yard season.
5. Buffalo Bills CB Tre’Davious White: The shutdown corner had a quiet week coming off a concussion, but his three interceptions and 15 passes defended speak for themselves.
6. Kansas City Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt: The third-round pick out of Toledo has been quiet in the second half of the year after a hot start, but he’s looked solid the last two weeks (201 scrimmage yards on 40 touches).
7. Rams S John Johnson III: Eleven tackles and four defensive stops in a huge Week 14 performance move Johnson onto the big list. He deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers LB T.J. Watt: Six sacks, 40 tackles, a pick and six passes defended. Injuries slowed him down a little bit earlier, but Watt looks like an emerging star again now.
9. Los Angeles Chargers CB Desmond King: The fifth-round pick out of Iowa continues to impress after another superb performance in another victory for a Chargers team that is making waves on defense.
10. San Francisco 49ers LB Reuben Foster: The highly-touted first-rounder out of Alabama has 44 solo tackles in just seven games and is coming off a strong performance against the Houston Texans.
Honorable mentions: Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett, Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey, New York Jets S Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye, Cincinnati Bengals DE Carl Lawson, Jacksonville Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette, Detroit Lions LB Jarrad Davis, Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson, New York Giants DT Dalvin Tomlinson and WR Evan Engram, Chicago Bears RB Tarik Cohen, QB Mitchell Trubisky and S Eddie Jackson