The Bakersfield Condors, an ECHL team owned by the Edmonton Oilers, are going to pay a special tribute to Seinfeld during their game on Sunday, November 16th. In an effort to honor Seinfeld’s 25th anniversary, the Condors will bust out their Festivus poles, rickshaws, coffee table books and even their special puffy shirt uniforms which have names from the show displayed on the back.
Let’s take a look at those puffy shirt uniforms:
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) September 3, 2014
Give the team credit. They’re going all the way with this promotion and it’s spectacular. From the Seinfeld-style team logo to the clever sponsors including Kramerica and Restaurant, this night will make any Seinfeld fan proud.
As for the back of the sweater, here are 20 names which will be worn: Jerry, George, Kramer, Newman, Frank Costanza, Puddy, J. Peterman, Steinbrenner, Morty Seinfeld, Uncle Leo, Art Vandelay, Kenny Bania, Lloyd Braun, Jackie Chiles, Crazy Joe Davola, Mandelbaum, Bubble Boy, Keith Hernandez, Mickey Abbott, Assman.
That’s an incredible collection of names we’d be honored to wear on the back of our sweater.
In addition to the awesome sweaters, there’s a huge list of fun events planned for the game:
– Ozmo Kramer, the world’s greatest Kramer impersonator, will be on hand to take pictures with fans, drop the puck, and sign autographs
– Fans who bring a can of soup or box of cereal (Jerry’s favorite) for donation will receive a two-for-one “Soup Or Cereal” ticket
– You could paint your face for a 2-for-1 ticket … y’know to support the team
– Five lucky fans will win festivus poles … no tinsel … we find tinsel very distracting
– Five lucky fans will win coffee table books
– The team will have a rickshaw race on ice during the first intermission
– Dance cam will feature an Elaine style dance-off
– Come dressed as your favorite character; best dressed costume wins a marble rye.
Or if you’re a lawyer, throw a cape on
Maybe technicolor dreamcoats are your thing…
But remember, when you control the mail, you control information.
Awesome. We’ve seen plenty of similar themed nights in the past, but this one might take the cake.