Hello friends. I’m sick and have been editing/writing for the past dozen hours so forgive me if this isn’t my finest effort. But, let it be known that the effort also reflects what happened last night in the sports world: not much. I tried to load up with links and videos to make up for that, and hopefully it will still entertain you. Anyway, it’s go time at the Wednesday Cheat Sheet…
Kansas gets away with an obvious travel on a buzzer-beater vs Kansas State
This was most definitely a travel from Kansas Jayhawks junior Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, but, it wasn’t called, and it worked out to be a game-winning buzzer-beater to beat Kansas State 90-88:
Just saw the final play of the Kansas game. That dude ran farther with the ball in his hands than any Kansas running back all season.
— Benjamin Hochman (@hochman) January 4, 2017
Oh, and here’s the play to Celine Dion’s Titanic music:
Svi Mykhailiuk beats the buzzer and wins it for Kansas over Kansas State!!!! Doesn't it look even better w/Titanic music? (@KUHoops)
Texas Tech upsets No. 7 West Virginia
The Red Raiders’ Anthony Livingston provided the onions with a three in the final seconds for the upset win over No. 7 West Virginia:
— TexasTech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) January 4, 2017
Clemson HC Brad Brownell did not give Roy Williams a happy postgame handshake
North Carolina took down Clemson 89-86 in overtime, and Clemson head coach Brad Brownell was quite angry as he approached Roy Williams for the postgame handshake. Brownell was reportedly angry about what a North Carolina player was yelling at the Clemson bench. Williams was clearly apologizing to Brownell after appearing confused at first. Video:
– Minnesota fired head football coach Tracy Claeys, and the players are furious.
– In peak Swaggy P style, Nick Young brought out the pelvic thrusts after a three-pointer (one of his six on the night), and referenced John Travolta when discussing it postgame:
Nick Young doing Swaggy P things, cause that's what Swaggy do https://t.co/U17yPjvk4J
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) January 4, 2017
.@NickSwagyPYoung says he channeled his inner "John Travolta" for his 3-point thrust celebration
– The Sixers beat the Timberwolves on a Robert Covington buzzer-beater:
Joel Embiid enjoyed a technical foul called on Karl-Anthony Towns in the same game:
— Kenny Ducey (@KennyDucey) January 4, 2017
And he also very much enjoys that the Sixers are now undefeated in 2017!
— Joel Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) January 4, 2017
– Kevin Love has reportedly lost 10 pounds since New Year’s Day… due to eating bad sea bass.
– Milwaukee Bucks young star Giannis Antetokounmpo had to google Jason Kidd to find out if Kidd knew what he was doing.
– My favorite NFL player of all-time, Devin Hester, is signing with the Seahawks. He’s not what he used to be, but it would be pretty damn cool if he could find a way to bring one back in the playoffs. And watching his return touchdown highlights is a great way to waste 10 minutes:
– Sigh: Adam “Pacman” Jones arrested again.
– ESPN’s Louis Riddick will interview for the 49ers’ GM position.
– J.J. Watt did a very cool thing for a young fan in the hospital.
– This is amazing. Dan Mancina, a blind skateboarder:
– Woody freakin’ Harrelson is in talks to be Han Solo’s mentor in the new Star Wars spin-off.
– This was the viral video of the day:
Here’s a scene from a show I like
Mike Ehrmantraut (played by Jonathan Banks) in Better Call Saul on the difference between a bad guy and a criminal:
One last glorious moment of procrastination
Bills Mafia coming through with as good of a beer save as we’ll see in all of 2017:
Best catch of the year goes to…Bills Mafia pic.twitter.com/L0DQ0ORZXQ
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) January 3, 2017