The silly season is about to begin. The Combine is over, the heart of free agency is behind us and the 2016 NFL draft is just six weeks away. Here’s our latest mock…
17. Atlanta Falcons: Ohio State LB Darron Lee — Even after free agency, the Falcons need linebackers in a major way. Lee has the athletic ability to become a Pro Bowler.
18. Indianapolis Colts: Michigan State OT Jack Conklin — Indy simply has to do a better job protecting the quarterback, especially if that quarterback is Andrew Luck and they want him to stay healthy in 2016. Conklin brings good value here and is a potential Week 1 left or right tackle.
19. Buffalo Bills: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd — Mario Williams is gone and they re-signed their key two free agents (offensive linemen Cordy Glenn and Richie Incognito). Dodd makes too much sense here.
20. New York Jets: Eastern Kentucky OLB Noah Spence — This is the type of pick that could put New York’s stacked defense over the top, although Georgia’s Leonard Floyd would make sense too.
21. Washington Redskins: Louisville DE Sheldon Rankins — Washington needs some new blood along the defensive line, and Rankins has the ability to make life a lot easier on edge rushers Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Murphy.
22. Houston Texans: Baylor WR Corey Coleman — With that investment in Brock Osweiler, they’ll have to give the young quarterback as much support as possible.
23. Minnesota Vikings: Ohio State OT Taylor Decker — Minnesota capitalizes on a major slide for Decker by immediately upgrading an offensive line that stunk last season.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: TCU WR Josh Doctson — There are plenty of receiver options here. I’m giving them the scrappy Doctson over Sterling Shepard and Will Fuller.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Houston CB William Jackson III — It looks like they’ll sign someone to play left tackle, so the focus should remain on that problematic secondary.
26. Seattle Seahawks: Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler — With the offensive tackle market tapped out for Round 1, they save that for later and instead bulk up the defensive front seven.
27. Green Bay Packers: Georgia LB Leonard Floyd — Green Bay needs help at linebacker and Floyd would be a great option to replace Julius Peppers or Nick Perry.
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas State G Cody Whitehair — He’s on the rise and has a chance to be a standout interior offensive lineman for years to come. Kansas City doesn’t have a lot of holes but could use the upgrade inside.
29. Arizona Cardinals: Alabama C Ryan Kelly — They have a fairly large interior offensive line need after trading Jonathan Cooper.
30. Carolina Panthers: Alabama DT A’Shawn Robinson — Great value here, and the Panthers love their defensive linemen.
31. Denver Broncos: Arkansas TE Hunter Henry — A nice new weapon for whoever the quarterback is.