This weekly segment will highlight the best performances of the week in the NFL. Every position and player is eligible, all it requires is a truly epic showing. It’s not always stat driven, or analytics grade driven, though those things help you get on this list.
1. Melvin Gordon, RB, San Diego Chargers – I’m not sure how many people expected a good season from Gordon after how last year went but he’s become a very good players. The Titans defense had no answer for him as he rushed for 196 yards on 32 carries and 1 touchdown. He helped his offense score 43 points.
2. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons – He’s a mainstay on this list almost every week and he deserves to be in the MVP discussion. This week he torched the Bucs going 25 of 34 for 344 yards and 4 touchdowns.
3. Khalil Mack, LB, Oakland Raiders – For the second straight week he had 2 sacks and a forced fumble. The Broncos could not stop him. He also notched an ungodly 10 pressures.
4. Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints – Getting benched was clearly the motivation he needed to step up his play. He rushed for 158 yards on 15 carries, 1 touchdown, and he added another touchdown receiving. Granted, 75 yards came on one run, but he still had 83 yards on 14 carries (5.9 per carry) without it.
5. Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks – Graham has had a good season and is clearly back to being an elite pass catching tight end. But this was his best week of the season. He had 8 catches for 103 yards against Buffalo, including two ridiculous one handed touchdown catches.