Jake Paul and Anderson Silva

The Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva boxing fight, scheduled for Oct. 29th, could be canceled.

The Arizona Boxing Commission is looking into comments made by Silva to MMA Weekly in which he claimed he had been knocked out twice during sparring in preparation for the fight.

“I’m training hard for [the] win,” Silva said. “I’m training with the good boxers of a high-level, and five guys have come to help me. And in the last sparring with my partner, he knocked me out two times, and when I finished the training, I talked to my coach and I said, ‘Coach, let me tell you something, why have the guys knocked me out two times?’ And the coach said, ‘You need [to] prepare for war, and you will prepare for war.’”

Anderson, in comments to TMZ, attempted to clarify his comments. But the Commission is still meeting to investigate, regardless.

“The AZ Boxing & MMA Commission is meeting tomorrow at 6:30pm regarding Anderson Silva, the AZ Gaming Department just emailed me,” Steven Marracco said Wednesday night, meaning the commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday night.

Paul, for his part, has yet to comment on Silva’s statements. PPV will broadcast the fight if it goes ahead.

[Bro Bible]