While Dustin Johnson had previously said he wanted to stay on the PGA Tour rather than play in any LIV Golf events, he apparently changed his mind somewhere along the way. On Tuesday, LIV Golf  On Tuesday, LIV Golf released the names of players in the field for their first event in London and Johnson was among them.

The PGA had previously said that it would not allow any of its members to play in both tours and by choosing to play for LIV you would be removed from the PGA Tour.

They reaffirmed that stance on Wednesday in a statement.

“As communicated to our entire membership on May 10, PGA TOUR members have not been authorized to participate in the Saudi Golf League’s London event, under PGA TOUR Tournament Regulations,” a statement read. “Members who violate the Tournament Regulations are subject to disciplinary action.”

Along with Johnson, the list includes many golfers who were expected to make the move from the PGA to LIV, including Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, and Kevin Na. One notable name not included on the list was Phil Mickelson, though it’s possible he could be added later.

It sounds as though the PGA is giving Johnson and anyone else one last chance to back out or risk losing their membership. But you’d have to assume they’ll stand firm on that stance if they need to.

[Paul Pabst]

About Sean Keeley

Along with writing for Awful Announcing and The Comeback, Sean is the Editorial Strategy Director for Comeback Media. Previously, he created the Syracuse blog Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician and wrote 'How To Grow An Orange: The Right Way to Brainwash Your Child Into Rooting for Syracuse.' He has also written non-Syracuse-related things for SB Nation, Curbed, and other outlets. He currently lives in Seattle where he is complaining about bagels. Send tips/comments/complaints to sean@thecomeback.com.