Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson has been the talk of the NFL world as the league moves closer and closer to coming to a decision on the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

It has been reported that the NFL is seeking a significant suspension for Watson, one that could be up to the entire 2022 NFL season.

Until recently, Watson was facing 24 civil lawsuits, with two more on the way after two more women said that they are in the process of filing against him last week.

The sheer number of accusers is clearly mounting against Watson, and while he ultimately wanted to “clear his name”, it appears that he has come to a decision with the majority of his accusers on Tuesday.

Watson has reached a confidential settlement with all but four of the 24 women that have officially filed lawsuits against him. That’s according to Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing those 24 women.

If Watson’s decision on Tuesday was to attempt to get in the good graces of the NFL with their impending suspension coming towards him, it appears that it may not have worked. NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said on Tuesday that Watson’s settlement with these women will “have no impact” on the collectively bargained disciplinary process.

Many around the NFL world still seem to believe Watson will face some disciplinary actions from the NFL moving forward.

Others aren’t quite as hopeful and believe that Watson’s potential attempt to save face may work when it comes to the NFL’s decision on him.

This development likely means that the NFL will make its decision on Watson sooner rather than later. However, the four accusers that still have a case against Watson are likely to go to court, according to Buzbee.

That may slow up the NFL’s decision. But it is now very clear that Watson will not be going to court in all these cases.

[Front Office Sports; photo from Ken Blaze/USA Today Sports]

 

About Reice Shipley

Reice Shipley is a staff writer for Comeback Media that graduated from Ithaca College.