Kevin Harvick

During last weekend’s Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway, a brutal wreck left driver Alex Bowman with concussion-like symptoms that will keep him out of next week’s race at the Talladega Motor Speedway, even though he was somehow allowed to finish the race in Texas. The NASCAR world isn’t staying silent about the incident, and that includes star driver Kevin Harvick.

On Thursday night, Harvick posted a Tweet blasting NASCAR for its handling of Bowman’s injury as well as the Next Gen car, which he claims is “stiff.” Harvick appears to blame the car for injuring Bowman in the first place and is criticizing NASCAR for not listening to the drivers’ criticism of the new car.

“Completely unacceptable that those in charge have let things get to this point. I remember it like it was yesterday @dennyhamlin in the presentation of the new car to the drivers pleading that the car was to stiff. Data didn’t agree. TIME TO LISTEN TO THE DRIVERS CRASHING THEM!” Harvick said in a Tweet.

This certainly isn’t the first time Harvick has criticized NASCAR’s new Next Gen car. Earlier this month, the driver blasted the car’s “crappy-a** parts” after his car burst into flames during a race.

“What a disaster, man,” Harvick said earlier this month. “No reason. We didn’t touch the wall, we didn’t touch a car, and here we are in the pits with a burned-up car and can’t finish the race during the Playoffs because of crappy-a** parts.”

Whether or not NASCAR chooses to listen to Harvick’s complaints, he’s made his thoughts about the car very clear.

[Kevin Harvick]