Kyle Busch and his family safely escaped the Mall of America in Minnesota on Thursday when gunfire broke out.

The question that has been lingering over NASCAR this whole racing season is whether or not Kyle Busch will return to Joe Gibbs Racing. As of right now, the answer appears to be no.

JGR can’t seem to find Busch a new sponsor and, despite Busch saying recently he’d like to stay, the reality of the situation is that Busch may not have a choice but to move on.

That said, the driver of the No. 18 car is fully aware that a change is coming.

“The first time I went through this was 15 years ago and it was a learning experience,” Busch said to reporters recently. “It was hard then too, but it was nothing like now. Then it was just me, myself, and I. I didn’t have Samantha (wife), I didn’t have a son, I didn’t have a daughter. All I had was an agent that was helping me.

“I don’t feel like it’s fair to me or my family or anything else if we’re going to have to spend less time together moving forward because we are going to have to change our lifestyle, no questions.”

He then said, “There’s a big change coming.”

Clearly, Busch is weighing his options with his next move. There have already been predictions that he won’t be returning next year to JGR.

“Again, that’s also why it’s not so simple and so easy. So, thankfully there are opportunities out there. There are Cup jobs available.

{RacingNews.com}

About Stacey Mickles

Stacey is a 1995 graduate of the University of Alabama who has previously worked for other publications such as Sportskeeda and Saturday Down South.