A disappointing NBA Trade Deadline, an amazing retirement announcement from an NFL star, fishing under ice, an awesome real-life Tony Hawk Pro Skater style video, and much more here at the Friday (HELL YEAH) Cheat Sheet…
The NBA Trade Deadline happened, and sucked
All of that talk about stars like Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, and Pau Gasol possibly going to a new team at Thursday’s trade deadline, and… nope.
I hate being right sometimes.
It’s going to be disappointing when Channing Frye is the biggest name traded tomorrow.
— Matt Clapp (@Matt2Clapp) February 18, 2016
Or, just about right, at least.
Channing Frye went from the Orlando Magic to the Cleveland Cavaliers in a three-team trade, and the headliner wasn’t much bigger, in the Phoenix Suns trading Markieff Morris to the Washington Wizards. That’s the same Markieff Morris that shoved his teammate on the bench last week, and demanded a trade over the offseason after Phoenix traded his brother Marcus. So, that trade is hardly a surprise and who knows what the Wizards are getting in Morris, despite his talent.
The other notable trade we had at the deadline was the Los Angeles Clippers sending Lance Stephenson to the Memphis Grizzlies for Jeff Green and a first-round pick. A couple years ago, this trade would be have been a blockbuster one, but it’s quite a blah one now, unfortunately.
The bottom line is this trade deadline turned into a huge letdown, but that’s hardly surprising at the same time.
Jared Allen announced his retirement in classic Jared Allen fashion
Jared Allen announced his retirement from the NFL on Thursday morning… and it was perfect.
Riding off into the sunset pic.twitter.com/wZXovseGKS — Jared Allen (@JaredAllen69) February 18, 2016
That is so Jared Allen, and the best handling of a retirement announcement ever.
Allen leaves the game after holding the active career sacks lead with 136. You may remember that insane 2011 year where he had 22 (!) sacks with the Minnesota Vikings, and he had 11 sacks or more in eight of his 12 NFL seasons. Quite an awesome career.
– The Top 25 SportsCenter anchors of all-time. I was one of the people polled for this ranking, and had Kenny Mayne No. 1 . Pretty surprised to find him all the way down at eighth, but then again the people ranked ahead of him are/were fantastic anchors as well.
– This is a fantastic read from our Brad Gagnon: Nine ways the NFL has been screwing people on the path to billions.
– We had another huge upset in college basketball on Thursday, with Minnesota taking down No. 6 Maryland. Minnesota had been 0-13 in Big Ten play this year before the win.
Minnesota snaps a 14-game losing streak, upsetting No. 6 Maryland. No. 3, 4, 5 and 6 in the AP poll have all lost since yesterday. — ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) February 19, 2016
Minnesota senior Joey King was very emotional when describing the win in the postgame… pretty awesome stuff here:
– DeAndre Jordan had the dunk of the night in the NBA. Vicious posterizing slam on a Chris Paul alley-oop pass.
– John Wall has a ridiculous handle at hyperspeed.
– Tim Duncan had an awkward, awesome handshake on Thursday night during a Spurs loss to the Clippers:
Tim Duncan enters the awkward handshake of Hall of Fame pic.twitter.com/vgesgmQXVl — The Cauldron (@TheCauldron) February 19, 2016
– Texas Rangers adding safety netting to dugout seats. Look for this to catch on across the league.
– Yankees COO would prefer it if poors stayed out of the premium seats. The quotes in this are appalling.
– Rio’s waterways sound horrible just six months before the Olympics.
– Dolphins owner gives Adam Gase three years to win, a short-sighted way to run an NFL team. Seriously, unbelievable that an owner would straight-up put that pressure on a new head coach right out of the gate. What a cruel, unfair business.
– The week that was in mostly terrible sports fashion. I love checking this one out weekly.
– Harlem Globetrotter nails a 100-foot trick shot off Staples Center roof.
– This 5’5″ high schooler dunking over two players will give hope to short guys everywhere.
– Columbus area McDonald’s trying out Chicken McGriddle sandwich. Hmmm.
One last breath of gratuitous procrastination
Fishing under ice in Finland… think I’ll pass on giving this a try myself (Jared Allen will probably be all over this in no time though).
Source –> <a rel=”noreferrer nofollow” target=”_blank” href=”http://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/15347996998″>http://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/15347996998</a> 440k views and 88 upvotes, worst post ever or upvote button is broken… 😀
And incredible video with more:
Screw it, it’s Friday: One more breath of gratuitous procrastination
If you’ve played the Tony Hawk Pro Skater video games, you’ll get a smile out of this ‘Decent Skater’ video put together by Dylan Bowser. As Dylan posted on Reddit, “Filmed some skateboarding, edited it to be like the classic Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater games.”
This is fantastic (and complete with Goldfinger’s “Superman” playing… oh the memories):