The UFC is set to host a historic event on the South Lawn of the White House this June in celebration of America’s 250th year as a country. Unfortunately, the event is projected to cost at least $60 million to make a reality.
In another devastating blow, one of the greatest fighters in UFC history is making it clear he wants nothing to do with the event in light of everything that’s going on with the political climate under the current administration, spearheaded by United States President Donald Trump, after previously expressing interest in participating.
“I was only interested because at the time, the world was different. Now, the way things are… I won’t even go watch it there,” Israel Adesanya told Complex News.
Israel Adesanya is NOT interested in fighting at or attending the UFC White House event 😬
“I was only interested because at the time, the world was different. Now, the way things are… I won’t even go watch it there.”
(via @Complex)pic.twitter.com/IoS2LhGIXP
— Championship Rounds (@ChampRDS) March 26, 2026
Fans reacted to Adesanya’s revelation on social media.
“This is the correct take. The fact that they’re having this card at the White House while at war is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Will I watch it. Maybe, most definitely not because it’s being held at the White House,” one fan wrote on Twitter.
“My Respect for Izzy just grew even more. Trump is aiding a genocide. Glad to see that some of the fighters are speaking their mind, even if it could cost them,” another person added.
“At least he is aware of the situation,” one fan added.
It’ll be interesting to see how the event turns out with the mounting obstacles in front of it.

About Qwame Skinner
Qwame Skinner has loved both writing and sports his entire life. In addition to his sports coverage at Comeback Media, Qwame writes novels, and his debut; The First Casualty, an adult fantasy, is out now.
Recent Posts
‘Are you serious?’: Megan Rapinoe wants ‘accountability’ from Sophie Cunningham
Indiana Fever guard Sophie Cunningham has sparked widespread conversation about whether or not transgender women and girls have...
‘I would welcome a trans athlete on my team’: WNBA All-Star and Olympian says current debate is ‘just another way to attack trans...
"I guess that's the next battle that we have to fight as athletes."
Caitlin Clark breaks her silence on not backing Sophie Cunningham’s trans comments
"First and foremost, you speak when you feel like you wanna speak."
‘Take our country back’: JD Vance says Sophie Cunningham is helping ‘save’ America
Indiana Fever guard Sophie Cunningham has ignited a lot of conversation over the past few weeks after she...
‘I definitely support the trans community’: Coco Gauff addresses WTA’s new trans athlete policy
"I also do not like the attack that it is creating."
Andy Reid breaks his silence on Travis Kelce’s physical appearance
"I know everybody’s out there saying he’s got the ‘dad body’"