It’s been months since Michael Irvin was involved in a shocking allegation involving a hotel employee who claimed that Irvin came onto her, which Irvin denies.
Since then, Irvin has been banished from TV by the NFL Network and ESPN for the allegations and Stephen A. Smith thinks it’s time for Irvin’s return.
Smith made it clear where he stood on the subject on his podcast.
“I’ve spoken up on behalf of Michael Irvin by way of simply stating that I wanted him back on ‘First Take,’ barring any unforeseen evidence,” Smith said on his eponymous podcast Friday.
“I’ve waited months and I’m still waiting,” Smith added
Smith says he’s going by the evidence that no one has really provided to prove Irvin’s guilt in this case.
“All I’m going by is the evidence that has been placed before us. Ladies and gentlemen, all we have seen is a 45-second video of Michael Irvin talking to this young lady, and then both of them going their separate ways. That is it. That is not a reason for a three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Famer to be unemployed or off the airwaves entertaining us the way this man entertains us.”
Irvin was devastated by the news he wouldn’t be covering the Super Bowl this year, but since then, there hasn’t been any movement on the case either way.
Some fans across social media agree with Stephen A. saying it is time to bring “The Playmaker” back.
I miss playmaker too, was really the only reason I watched NFL Network
I hope he wins that lawsuit too
— ValhallaOutcast 🇨🇦 (@ValhallaOutcast) July 24, 2023
I completely agree with you @michaelirvin88 but they will never admit they were wrong and jump to judgment without all of the facts!!
— Teee1900 (@JTee1965) July 24, 2023
Some still think Irvin should remain off the air.
Why do they have to show you any evidence? The dude is no saint that is for sure.
— Sir Kendall (@kfasce21) July 24, 2023
In the end, however, it’s not up to Stephen A. if Irvin is reinstated, that will be up to ESPN.