Throughout the NFL season, we’re ranking the top 10 rookies in the league based on their progress. Here’s the breakdown following Week 10:
10. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Chase Claypool: Only five NFL players have caught more touchdowns passes this season than the Notre Dame second-rounder (seven). He’s also on pace to push 1,000 yards for an unbeaten team.
9. Dallas Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb: The first-round Oklahoma product was again a big factor for Dallas despite quarterback issues in Week 9. He leads all rookies with 44 catches.
8. New England Patriots G Michael Onwenu: The sixth-round pick has been a pleasant surprise for a Patriots team in trouble this season. He’s surrendered just two sacks and seven pressures in nine starts.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers OT Tristan Wirfs: The No. 13 overall pick out of Iowa has been responsible for just one sack on Tom Brady through 10 games.
6. Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa: The sample remains small for the No. 5 overall pick out of Alabama, but he’s yet to lose a start, he’s yet to throw an interception, and he has a triple-digit passer rating.
5. Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow: It’s been an up-and-down rookie campaign for the No. 1 overall pick out of LSU, but he’s limited his mistakes throughout the year.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars RB James Robinson: The undrafted Illinois State product is one of just five players with more than 900 scrimmage yards this season. He’s also scored a solid seven touchdowns on a bad team.
3. Cincinnati Bengals WR Tee Higgins: Since the start of October, the second-round Clemson product leads all AFC wide receivers with 528 receiving yards. He hit the triple digits again last week against a tough Pittsburgh Steelers D.
2. Minnesota Vikings WR Justin Jefferson: After another 100-yard performance in Week 10, the first-round LSU product leads all rookie receivers with 762 receiving yards.
1. Los Angeles Chargers QB Justin Herbert: The No. 6 overall pick out of Oregon is a top-10 quarterback when it comes to touchdowns, yards per attempt, passer rating, and QBR. Critically, he has a triple-digit rating on third down and on deep passing attempts. He hit a bit of a bump last week against Miami, but has been killing it overall.