A Burger King in Central, Louisiana had a ribbon ceremony on Tuesday to celebrate their grand reopening after undergoing renovations. The fast-food restaurant was renovated “due to damage sustained during a freeze several months ago,” according to WBRZ-2 (Baton Rouge ABC affiliate).
And within a few hours of the grand reopening… the Burger King caught fire. Thankfully, nobody was injured, but that likely didn’t change the frustration level for those involved.
Officials say a restaurant damaged during the freeze this past winter is closed once again, just a few hours after it reopened.
The Central Fire Department says it responded to a fire at the Burger King on Greenwell Springs Road near Sullivan Road around 3:20 Tuesday afternoon. Crews were able to get the fire under control within the hour and no injuries were reported.
Perhaps taking the company’s “flame-grilled” promoting just a tad too far!
And it may be worth taking the fire as a sign from a higher power to just close the restaurant down for good.