The Warriors humiliated the Cavs and another No. 1-ranked team lost in college basketball. Also, some crazy ping pong action and a real-life Robin Hood. Buckle up for Tuesday’s Cheat Sheet…
Warriors CRUSH the Cavs 132-98 in Cleveland
In a rematch of the 2015 NBA Finals, and a possible preview of the 2016 NBA Finals (because the East is hot garbage), the Golden State Warriors went into Cleveland and totally embarrassed the Cavaliers.
One could sum up this game in a million different ways from a million different vantage points, but the simplest numbers offer the most brutal truths: The Warriors outscored the Cavs by at least 11 points in each of the first three quarters. Up by 26 at halftime and up by 37 after three, the Dubs just kept pushing. They were still winning 50-50 balls when leading by more than 30. They ran past the Cavs in transition and they outshot them by a considerable margin as well, but they also played this game with a ferocity and relentlessness which revealed their competitive mastery.
These two guys summarized how things went for the Cavs:
WAKE UP pic.twitter.com/KJIpxxkp9B
— The Cauldron (@TheCauldron) January 19, 2016
Picking your nose next to a guy sleeping at a sporting event is a bad idea https://t.co/K4ym0NsP7x
— The Cauldron (@TheCauldron) January 19, 2016
I probably don’t even need to tell you that Steph Curry had a big game, but yes, Steph Curry had a big game, scoring 35 points in just 28 minutes (he sat out the third quarter because it was that out of hand).
And in a play that ESPN will probably show on repeat until a Tim Tebow story pops up, LeBron James shoved Curry:
It was a frustrating night for LeBron, to say the least.
Rough night for LeBron •Worst plus/minus of career (-35) •Worst home loss of career (34) •Largest deficit ever (43) pic.twitter.com/sIiy79xWqn — NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) January 19, 2016
Yet another No. 1 goes down in college basketball, as Oklahoma falls to Iowa State
Nine hours after the Oklahoma Sooners were named/ranked the No. 1 team in the country, they lost 82-77 to No. 19 Iowa State.
Oklahoma was named No. 1 at 12:31 ET on Monday afternoon. The top-ranked Sooners lost nine hours later. COLUMN: https://t.co/ONjym0tysL — Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) January 19, 2016
Iowa State: 1st win vs AP No. 1 ranked team since 1957 (defeated Kansas)
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 19, 2016
Now, this game was no upset — in fact, Iowa State was favored by two points with the game at home — but it proves once again that this is as wide open of a season as we’ve seen in college basketball in a long time. If there’s a year to go wild with some lower seeds in your NCAA Tournament bracket, this is it, because no one is standing out at the top. In fact, five teams have already lost this year after being ranked No. 1:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! It has not been an easy year for No. 1 ranked teams this season. pic.twitter.com/914XzsynM6 — SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 19, 2016
Just get into this year’s dance and you have a chance. March is going to be a blast.
Jordan Spieth’s house
– Great, in-depth breakdown of the insane NFL Divisional Round.
– The Detroit Tigers signed Justin Upton to a 6-year, $132.75 million deal. It feels like the power-hitting right fielder has been around forever, but he’s still just 28.
– Conan O’Brien consoled Steve Ballmer at a bananas Clippers-Rockets game.
– San Jose Sharks’ Matt Nieto completes goal of the year sequence.
– Aqib Talib thinks Ben Roethlisberger faked his shoulder injury.
– Ranking the 7 new NFL head coach hires. Yes, Mike Mularkey (Titans) is last.
– Packers head coach Mike McCarthy made it clear that Eddie Lacy has to lose weight.
– Eddie George on Broadway debut: “I feel like I had sex”.
– Jordan Spieth upgrades Dallas home to one with sweet Augusta mural and golf simulator. It’s pretty awesome.
– Rugby player faces 12-week suspension for testicle-grabbing. 12 weeks? That’s it?
– Canadian youth hockey ref punches player, gets punched by trainer. Crazy stuff here.
– Golfer Jamie Donaldson suffers gross finger injury in chainsaw accident. I’m not going to look at it, but you can.
– The Simpsons took a shot at the 76ers’ ineptitude.
– The Denver Nuggets’ Will Barton fist-bumped a baby in the crowd.
– This was not your usual Los Angeles high-speed chase: Dog fugitives lead cops on freeway chase.
– SNL Recap: The Force can’t help Adam Driver.
– Chipotle is trying to get you back with free food. This will get me back, that’s for damn sure.
– Wanna see a car reach 247 mph in 5 seconds?
– In news that makes you think HOLY SHIT WE’RE OFFICIALLY IN THE FUTURE: Amazon Prime Air drones to carry 5-pound packages over 10 miles in 30 minutes.
One last breath of gratuitous procrastination
Not even Forrest Gump is stopping this ping pong shot. The opponent’s reaction says it all.
Screw it, one more breath of gratuitous procrastination
GET THIS GUY ON GAME OF THRONES!